Starting to change colour!

I have managed to get the vast majority of filling and sanding done on the shell.

I have even gotten a quick coat of the exterior paint on.  I am just using “Gloss White Tremclad”.  I know that there are better, more durable, products out there.  The difficulty is that I am trying to keep my costs down a bit, plus, I am capable of using this stuff without to much stress.  It will be good enough for me and the usage that this old girl will get.

I am beginning to clean up the interior.  The ensolite is pretty dirty, but mostly still in decent enough shape.  There has been some damage to the actual fibreglass modules inside.  The damage is mostly on the edges and corners.  I will repair it with some extra epoxy and resin, then repaint the interior ‘glass.

I have received the solar panel and charge controller so now I am preparing to start on the wiring.  I have some LED lamps for under the upper cabinet and a few small flush mounts to put on the ends of the upper cabinet and the closet.  They are all 12 vdc and have their own switches.

I also have the new marker and signal lights to install and wire in.  They are all LED also.

I am hoping to get started on builing the ‘trunk’ tomorrow, or early next week.

OTOH, I still haven’t bolted down the shell yet!!!!20170616_204635

I guess it isn’t as bad as I thought

Managed to get about 3/4 of the shell sanded and ready for paint.  Did better than I thought!

I will have some problem sanding around the windows, front and back.  Specially where I added stuff on and have to smooth out the excess epoxy.

But, I do have the lights, the tube for the shelf supports, and all kinds of other stuff.  Guess I am not doing that bad.

Hit a “dry spell”

I have managed to get little bits done over the last few days.  However, this weekend was not one of the most productive.

I managed to get a little filling done but not much else.

I have gotten some LED lighting for the interior.  A couple of strips complete with built in switches, plus a few round ones, again with built in switches.  I plan on putting the strips under the overhead cabinets.  One over the sink, one over the stove.  The individual ones will go on either end of the upper cabinet and on both sides of the closet.  I also have a marine grade exterior LED for just outside the door.  Between the door and the window, on the passenger side.

I have picked up some clear tubing that I plan to use as protection for the new wiring that I will run.  I have a chrome closet rod that I will cut into pieces and use as supports for the upper cabinet.  I will run the wires for the lights up through those.

The ‘running’ lights will all be replaced with LED’s.  Amber ones at the front corners, red ones at the rear corners, and taillights at the back. I am going to move the location of the rear lights to a higher location.  This will allow me to build a ‘trunk’ to hold some of the extra stuff that I like to travel with.

Just couldn’t seem to get anything going today.  Total lack of energy for some reason.

A bit more on the trailer weights

trailer weights

 

So, with the trailer pretty much totally empty, the total weight is #1,110.

With the addition of a couple full propane tanks and a pair of batteries, some tools, the weight goes to #1,310.

Still manageable, but nowhere near loaded for any kind of use.  No bedding, clothes, equipment, fishing stuff, food, utensils, etc.

But, it does seem that the tongue weight is staying relatively withing range.

From the Fibreglass RV forum, ‘trailer weights in the real world’,  http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/trailer-weights-in-the-real-world-43010.html

21___13_____Trillium___T1300________1600_____240__ __1840

 

So, with mine totally empty, I have an axle weight of about 975 lbs and a tongue weight of about 137 lbs.  A total weight of 1100 lbs.

If I put a full propane tank and a battery on the tongue, plus a battery, two full propane tanks and some tools on the rear extension, then I end up with an axle weight of 1190 lbs.  And a tongue weight of 120 lbs.  A total weight of 1310 lbs.

 

Removing the old wiring

I am continuing with the prep work on the exterior of the shell.

One of the items being dealt with is the old marker lights and signals. I am in the process of taking the old stuff off, ’cause let’s face it, it is all years old and totally undependable.  Plus, it is something that I can do.

20170527_124458[1]

This is the ‘wiring’ that went to the driver side rear marker and taillight.  It has lasted, and I assume worked, for years.  I really hope that I can do better.